To be eligible for membership in Boulder Elks Lodge #566 of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, you must be a citizen of the United States over the age of 21.
You must be sponsored by a member of the Elks Lodge, however, you do not need to reside in Boulder County. We have out of state members that visit regularly when they are in Boulder.
What is the process?
You can be sponsored by any member in good standing from any lodge in the country. You’ll also need two other Elks who will be your references.
The Elk who proposes you for membership will provide you with a copy of the Membership Application, or will email you a link to the online version of the form. Please follow all instructions and answer all questions. If applying via hard copy, please return your completed application to the Lodge Secretary:
- Your application will be read at a regular Lodge meeting.
- The members will be given a notice not less than 10 days nor more than two months before the vote will be taken.
- When the vote is concluded, you will be notified and asked to present yourself for indoctrination.
- During indoctrination, you will learn more about the Order’s programs and charities.
- After initiation as an Elk, you can take part in all meetings and social functions of the Lodge.
If for any reason your application is rejected, you can submit a new application for membership after six months from the date of rejection.
To learn more, please call 303-442-5003 or contact us here.