Join us for our regular Friday Swim & BBQ, and bring along a food donation to benefit EFAA. Currently, EFAA’s biggest food needs are:
- Baby Food
- Canned Fruit
Remember, entrance to the pool is free to the public after 5p on Fridays, and the BBQ starts at 5:30p. Live music on July 13 from The Hoppers!
The Boulder Elks have initiated the “Home Safe” Deputy Protection Drive, to benefit the Boulder County Sheriff’s Office. Boulder Elks Lodge 566 is asking the community to help us outfit 10 Boulder County deputies with rifle resistant protective equipment kits. The fundraising site is located here: https://www.gofundme.com/home-safe-566
This week, the Boulder Elks made a start toward this goal, and presented the BCSO with a check for $3,500 for the purchase of rifle-rated body armor. Our goal is to raise an additional $15,000 from the community. We have partnered with Shield 616 to maximize the impact of this campaign. Shield 616 is able to purchase this safety equipment at a significant discount meaning your donation goes further in support of this drive. Shield 616 is working with police forces across the United States to meet this need.
Please consider making a donation for this worthy cause.
Join us by the pool on Friday, June 8 at 6p for our annual luau, by La’ela’eikealookalaumaile Sundberg Halau Na ‘Olapa Mamao E Malama Hula.
We hope to see you there!
Elks Swim Team families: We are delighted to host our first annual Season Kick-Off Cookout at the Elks Lodge tomorrow, 6/1 at 5:30pm!
Look for the designated Elks Swim Team area setup on the pool deck. We will have a delicious cake to share, and this will be a great opportunity for big and little fishes to make a first connection. We will also have info about the upcoming Swimathon and other fundraising opportunities. If you’re new, we’ll have plenty of veteran parents around to answer questions and help you get oriented before the first meet on Saturday.
Come and swim, enjoy a meal, see old friends and make new ones!
See you at the party!
Season passes for the Elks Pool are available, discount pricing is good through March 31.
Day passes are available for $6 for Elks members, $7 for non-members.
2018 Boulder Elks Beach Club Fees
BEFORE April 1, 2018:
Family Pass** / Member*: $250
Family Pass** / Non-Member: $300
Individual Pass / Member*: $105
Individual Pass / Non-Member: $130
AS OF April 1, 2018:
Family Pass** / Member*: $270
Family Pass** / Non-Member: $320
Individual Pass / Member*: $125
Individual Pass / Non-Member: $150
*You must be a member of the national organization of the Elks Lodge, or your child must be a member of the Boulder Elks Swim Team.
**Family Pass includes up to five (5) people living in the same household. Additional family members can be added for $50 per person.
To purchase a season pass, please call the lodge office at 303-442-5003.
The 2018 Boulder Elks Swim Team season is just around the corner, and we have some important announcements regarding the upcoming season:
1. COACHING STAFF: Emily Sampl will be returning as the head coach this summer, and we also welcome back returning coaches Austin Vinton, Katie Roberts and Olivia Rock. Our full coaching staff will be finalized over the next few months.
2. REGISTRATION: Registration for the 2018 summer season is now live! Go to boulderelksswimteam.org and click on the “Register” tab in the upper left. Please direct registration questions to Beth Leuchten.
3. PRACTICE SCHEDULE & CALENDAR: The practice schedule and meet dates are all up to date on the website. If you’d like to jumpstart the season, come to some of our ongoing winter practices! Practices are held Monday through Thursdays from 5:30-6:30pm at North Boulder Rec and Saturdays 9-10am at East Boulder Rec. Additional details are on the team website under the “Practices & Clinics/Pre-Season Swimming” tab.
4. ELKS BEACH CLUB & SUMMER JOBS: Geoff Hawksworth will again serve as the pool manager for Elks this summer, and the 2018 Elks Beach Club. Information for pricing (memberships, pool passes, etc.) can be found on the Elks team website. Any questions about the Beach Club can be directed to Geoff. If you’re interested in working at the pool this summer as a swim instructor, lifeguard or in the snack shack please contact Geoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. SWIM LESSONS: We will offer swim lessons at the Elks this summer, and Emily Sampl will be heading up the lesson program again. Information about swim lessons are available on the team website under “Lessons/Beach Club.” Any questions about lessons can be directed to Emily.
Stay tuned for more information coming soon on the summer season!