The 2018 Boulder Elks Swim Team season is just around the corner, and we have some important announcements regarding the upcoming season:
1. COACHING STAFF: Emily Sampl will be returning as the head coach this summer, and we also welcome back returning coaches Austin Vinton, Katie Roberts and Olivia Rock. Our full coaching staff will be finalized over the next few months.
2. REGISTRATION: Registration for the 2018 summer season is now live! Go to boulderelksswimteam.org and click on the “Register” tab in the upper left. Please direct registration questions to Beth Leuchten.
3. PRACTICE SCHEDULE & CALENDAR: The practice schedule and meet dates are all up to date on the website. If you’d like to jumpstart the season, come to some of our ongoing winter practices! Practices are held Monday through Thursdays from 5:30-6:30pm at North Boulder Rec and Saturdays 9-10am at East Boulder Rec. Additional details are on the team website under the “Practices & Clinics/Pre-Season Swimming” tab.
4. ELKS BEACH CLUB & SUMMER JOBS: Geoff Hawksworth will again serve as the pool manager for Elks this summer, and the 2018 Elks Beach Club. Information for pricing (memberships, pool passes, etc.) can be found on the Elks team website. Any questions about the Beach Club can be directed to Geoff. If you’re interested in working at the pool this summer as a swim instructor, lifeguard or in the snack shack please contact Geoff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. SWIM LESSONS: We will offer swim lessons at the Elks this summer, and Emily Sampl will be heading up the lesson program again. Information about swim lessons are available on the team website under “Lessons/Beach Club.” Any questions about lessons can be directed to Emily.
Stay tuned for more information coming soon on the summer season!
Ring in 2018 at the Boulder Elks Lodge!
We’re throwing a HUGE casino party, so dress your best and try your luck at craps, hold ’em poker, and black jack, plus table tennis and foosball.
DJ Good Job will be spinning hits on the dance floor and taking requests.
Fractal Tribe will be performing throughout the night combining theatrics with dance, fire, acrobatics, aerial arts, and music.
Boulder Elks Lodge is far from the hustle and bustle of downtown and offers plenty of free parking for your convenience. The bar has something for everyone from beer to bubbly, and amazing drink specials to toast a prosperous new year.
$25 cover. All proceeds go to the Elks Scholarship Fund.
We hope to see you there!
At our Lodge meeting on 10/12, we will have a special vote to allow the Boy Scouts to repair the Youth Activity Building roof, utilizing their donated funds.
Bridge is going strong at the Lodge, with games starting at noon on Monday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Lessons are available on Wednesdays and Thursdays. For more information, call 303-440-9868.
Café 566 this Friday features Karaoke with Dr. Lee. Come to the café for dinner from 5:30-7:30p, and stay for karaoke from 7-10p.
Friday Night BBQ on patio
Bar open 5-8pm, food served 5:30-7:30pm
Annual Luau featuring
Halau Na ‘Olapa Mamao E Malama Hula
Summer is off to a great start, and our pool is open! Beat the heat by coming out to the Elks Pool. Summer pool pass fees are:
Family Pass** / Member*: $270
Family Pass** / Non-Member: $320
Individual Pass / Member*: $125
Individual Pass / Non-Member: $150
*You must be a member of the national organization of the Elks Lodge, or your child must be a member of the Boulder Elks Swim Team.
**Family Pass includes up to five (5) people living in the same household. Additional family members can be added for $50 per person.
Join us at the pool on Friday nights throughout the summer for our Friday Night Poolside BBQ. Entrance to the pool is free to the public after 5pm on Fridays. We have hot food, snacks, and drinks available for purchase. Discounts available to lodge members.
The Boulder Elks pool is also home to the Boulder Elks Swim Team – check out our pre-team meet from this week (below).
Elks Lodge members are invited to join us tonight for our Lodge meeting. The meeting will start promptly at 7pm.
The Boulder Elks fundraising campaign continues!
For the remainder of 2017, local real estate agent Kim Hawksworth will donate $1,000 of her commission from any closing that originates from an Elks referral (whether a member of the lodge or not), to the Boulder Elks capital campaign. Thank you so much, Kim! You can email Kim or call 301-437-5907.
You can do your part by making a donation to the Boulder Elks GoFundMe campaign, so that we can do much-needed repairs and improvements to our lodge.